It’s difficult to say precisely how augmented reality (AR) will impact the enterprise industry in 2023. It is a rapidly evolving field, and many factors could influence its development and adoption. However, with the expansion of technological advances and adoption, AR will likely continue to be used in various industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, education, and more. Some potential ways in which AR could impact the enterprise industry in 2023 include the following:
- Improved training and onboarding: AR can provide employees with interactive, immersive training experiences that are more engaging and effective than traditional methods.
- Enhanced remote collaboration: AR can enable remote team members to work together more effectively by providing a shared, virtual workspace.
- Increased efficiency and productivity: AR can streamline workflows and allow employees to access information and tools more quickly and easily, leading to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Improved customer service: AR can provide customers with immersive, interactive experiences that enhance their engagement and satisfaction.
- New business models: AR could create new business models that leverage the technology’s unique capabilities.
To learn more about the impact of AR check out our AREA use cases.
Industry Adoption Capabilities Include:
In manufacturing, AR can assist with training and maintenance, allowing workers to access real-time instructions and information as they work. It can also be used to visualize and design products before they are built and assist with maintenance and repair tasks.
In healthcare, AR can assist with surgical procedures, allowing surgeons to access 3D images of the patient’s anatomy and other relevant information during the operation.
In education, AR can be used to create immersive learning experiences, allowing students to interact with 3D models and other digital content in a more engaging way.
Overall, it is expected that AR will continue to play a significant role in the enterprise industry in the coming years, helping businesses to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance the customer experience. The AREA is working to help enterprises maximize the impact of AR by providing up-to-date resources and neutral, reliable guidance that make the path to AR adoption surer, shorter, and smoother.
By identifying opportunities and challenges, disseminating information, spearheading research, promoting dialogue, and providing a forum for AR providers and enterprises, the AREA is clearing a path to interoperable AR-enabled enterprise systems that fully deliver on their promises. If you are new to AR and looking to find a useful tool to develop solutions take a look at our Enterprise AR Use Case Development Framework.
To learn more, visit: www.thearea.org